Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker>Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 8, 2007

Visiting the Family




This past weekend we decided we were going to pack everyone up and go to Atlanta to see our family. Let me rephrase that.... we decided but I get the pleasure of packing everyone up.

If you have ever traveled with small children then you know that it is like moving for the weekend. It takes an entire day to pack everyone's stuff and a day to unpack everything when you get home.

On Thursday I made everyone a list of things they needed and should not forget. I tried to get the boys stuff together, however as I was putting things in the suitcase Will decided he wanted to pull things out. The suitcase was much for fun to climb in and out of than to put clothes in. I packed diapers, wipes, DVD's, toys, clothes, toothbrushes, and everything else I could think of to make the trip as easy as possible on the kids. In turn, the easier and happier the kids were the happier I knew I would be as would Bobby.

We got to Atlanta on Friday night and stayed with Nanny and Papa. We had so much fun and they were very excited to see us especially the kids. On Saturday, Bobby went fishing and the kids and I went to lunch and shopping with all the girls. We stayed at Gaga and Pop's on Saturday night.

We had a blast this weekend, it just never seems like there is enough time to see everyone for as long as you would like to. The kids did great and were exhausted for the ride home on Sunday night. I was very nervous that they would not sleep, but they were amazing and slept the entire ride home and did not even wake up when we put them in their beds.

The worst part about the ride home was that a grandaddy long leg spider almost got me in the car and I screamed and was scared to put my legs down in the floorboard the rest of the night. Bobby laughed at me for about ten minutes..

Glad someone thought that was funny....

No comments: