Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker>Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

Catching some Zzzzz's

Jake suddenly thinks he is the boss around our house. Anytime you ask him something he says, "I'm a big boooyyyy." It doesn't seem to matter what it is. I said "Jake are you cold?"

Jake replied "No I'm a big boooyyy"

Ok, I thought never mind I will just bundle you up and you can take it off when you get hot.

Will is ready to take a nap at lunchtime no matter what is going on at that time. He is tired and his belly is full. Jake, on the other hand, doesn't want to take naps during the day anyway.

I thought fine, I will just put you and Will to bed at the same time. Wow, the evening around our home will sure be quiet. We started this new adventure today. While Will is taking a nap Jake has quiet time where he can read books, do puzzles, color, play blocks, etc. but he can not watch tv and he must remain quiet until the timer goes off.

Wish us luck.... here is what happened during our first day of quiet time....



He is tired after all, but he doesn't want to slow down long enough to be still so he will fall asleep. Wish I was given quiet time everyday I would be doing the same thing....

No comments: